Pittsburgh

Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh and Allegheny County

Friday, July 18, 2014

FamilySarch has a new look on Search records page!

FamilySearch.org has a new look on search records page

 
FamilySearch has a new look on their Search records page! Now you select the country by clicking on the image of the interactive map of the world.
 
 
Once you click on an area of the map, it will bring up a drop down menu of the collections for that area.


 
 

Or you can click on Browse All Published Collections.
 
 
 
 
You can still search all records from the main search page.
 
 
 
 
Now, I am going to search for the death of George Scott.
 
I fill in all known information.
 

 
 
 
It takes a few attempts to narrow down the results to four.
 

 
Now I click on the George Scott I am looking for.
 
 
 
Now, I would like to show you a before screenshot in comparison to the new look.
 
Before.

 

Now.
 
 
 
Now, as you can see; you can now attach the record to the person if you have a tree on familysearch.
 
 
Personally, I like the overall appearance of the old look, it was easier to read, and easier to copy and paste the title, and source citation for citing the record as my source citation on my tree on ancestry.com .
 
 
But the new citations also include the date for the record, where before it did not.
 
 
 
The only thing I miss are the quotation marks on the name of the title of the record. I have been following the format for several years, so it is hard to change how I want the records to be listed on my tree on ancestry.com.
 
 
 
 
Overall, it is still the same collection of records regardless of how it looks.

Be sure to check out the new and updated records for England:
https://familysearch.org/search/collection/list/?page=1&countryId=1986340


But if I would have searched "Great Deaths and Burials, 1788-1998 index, I would have come up with No records found. Be sure to look for the specific record collection you would like to search.

It just may pay off in the long run.



 
Yours,
Allegheny Ancestry and Genealogy Trails
 
END
 


 


No comments: