Pittsburgh

Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh and Allegheny County

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Step by Step Guide - FOLD3

Step by Step Guide - FOLD3

Be sure to sign in with your FREE ID.
Use google chrome as your browser, it is flash enabled.

TIP: Fold3 requires Adobe Flash Player.
This enables you to view records in the interactive viewer vs. the basic viewer.

Then you can download, copy, and save documents to the ancestors on your tree on ancestry.com

Register for a Basic Fold3 Membership—It's Free
https://www.fold3.com/register.php?iid=1017


Once you are signed in with your FREE user ID, you can search all of FOLD3, not just the Revolutionary Records!

For this FREE access currently offered you will only be able to access the Revolutionary War images.






Then search:
http://go.fold3.com/revolutionary-war/?xid=1757







Once you are signed in with your FREE user ID, you can search all of FOLD3, not just the Revolutionary War Records!





For all other searches, it if is classified a premium document, you have to subscribe to view it.

However, you can only search the Revolutionary War records collection.

Your screen should look like this.




So now I am going to search the surname Byerly.




My results are numerous, so I want to narrow it down to Pennsylvania.





So now I click on the little box by Pennsylvania.




Now I have narrowed down my results to just Pennsylvania.




Now from this I want to look at the first record for Jacob  Byerly.





Now I am at this screen, and I want to view the larger image.






Once inside the screen of the record, I can now download to copy
and save the document to my computer.


Now I click on the view larger button.






 
Then I can click on the green ancestry.com button, and attach the record to my tree on ancestry.com.





I can now Download the image or attach the record to the ancestor on my tree.

I will click on download image, so I can copy and save the document to my computer.




Now, I want to download the entire image.




Final Payment Vouchers Index for Military Pensions, 1818-1864 › ... Pennsylvania › B › Byerly, Jacob
 



Now I can attach the record to my ancestor by clicking the green Save to Ancestry button.






Now I can save  and attach the record to Jacob Byerly on ancestry.com.






Now all I have to do is click on the save button, and I am done.



This is now attached to Jacob Byerly on my tree on ancestry.com.

Although it is attached, and I will have a source citation on my tree on ancestry.com, if I am using a FREE access user ID I will not be able to view it after the FREE access.



In order for me to view it in the future, I would have to subscribe to Fold3.

That is the importance of downloading and copying all documents and images.


For more info go to:

http://www.fold3.com/



 
 



No comments: