Pittsburgh

Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh and Allegheny County

Saturday, August 9, 2014

The Purple Heart


The Purple Heart


I found the website to be quite useful as I found one ancestor who was injured the first day in battle in France listed on the website.

Charles A. Hall
B:21 Nov 1894 in Bellevue, Allegheny County, Pennsylvania, USA
D:19 Sep 1969 in Erie, Erie County, Pennsylvania, USA



 

Although, I did not find any of these men listed:
 
Harold L Peppler

 
 
Killed in Battle over Manilla in the Phillipines
 
William C Mabius who was shot down over the Pacific.
 
I have several articles from the Steubenville Herald Star attached to his memorial.
 



 


 



He was my 2nd cousin.
 
He is buried at Jefferson Barracks with five of his crewmates.
 
 
William F Courtney
 
Edgar A Morley
 
Richard C Prater
 
Ellsworth A. Scholl
 
John W Turner

END

No comments: