Pittsburgh

Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh and Allegheny County

Friday, July 18, 2014

"England Births and Christenings, 1538-1975." Index & "England Deaths and Burials, 1538-1991." Index.

"England Births and Christenings, 1538-1975" Index & "England Deaths and Burials, 1538-1991" Index.

 
Since I just talked about searching the England Birth and Christenings, 1538-1975, Index and the England Deaths and Burials, 1538-1991 Index; I thought would share my search, and the final images that I obtained using the photoduplication services.
 
 
 
 
I will search John Jennings in the England Birth and Christenings.
 
 
 
Now I click the blue Search button.
 
 
 
 
And now I have the results. I have narrowed my search down to one record. This is the record I am looking for.
 
 
 
 
 
Now I am at the record  for John Jennings.
 

 
Here is what his record looks like.
 
The biggest drawback of familysearch is that there is no way to suggest a correction for the record.
 
Such as in the case of the name of John Jennings father. Thos. Hora... Jennings is mis-transcribed, it should be Thomas Story Jennings.
 
 


Again, there is no image. But going back to my previous discussion. I use the photoduplication service to request the missing image.
 
And finally the image which I requested took just a few days to arrive in my email.

 
 
 
 
 
Now I will search the England Deaths and Burials, 1538-1991 Index for Isabella Jennings. I'm going to skip the step by step details.
 
I want to show you the record on familysearch.
 
 
 
 Now I have the burial information. And I used the photoduplication service for a copy of the image.

 
 
 
 Using this I can confirm the dates using the FREE BMD to find the records to order through the GRO.

 
Because the England and Wales, Birth Registration Index, 1837-1920 is limited to 1837-1920, I will not find a record for John Jennings birth, so his birth and christening record for me will suffice my needs.

I search for the death record for Isabella Jennings at "England and Wales, Death Registration Index, 1837-1920.














 
 
I am now am at her record for the BMD which I searched on familysearch.









 
Since, I use a variety of resources, I can get a copy of the image for
the death. I  search to find the the death to get a the copy of missing image.





A little enlargement.




Or I can search the FREE BMD, and get the information I need.
FREE BMD - official site
http://www.freebmd.org.uk/







 
It can be a tedious process but once learned, it can be a breeze to
search.




But the results, and the information are basically the same.




If you subscribe to the world version of ancestry.com, you can view the record of the page.



The above image is from ancestry.com, so now you have a comparison of images from two sources.

With that information, I can proceed to order the record if I wish to do so through the The General Register Office which is part of Her Majesty's Passport Office and oversees civil registration in England and Wales.

Registration Services - Certificate Ordering Service
http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/
 
 
 
Sincerely,
Allegheny Ancestry and Genealogy Trails

END