Pittsburgh

Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh and Allegheny County

Thursday, July 31, 2014

102nd Pennsylvania Infantry

102nd (old 13th) Regiment, Pennsylvania Veteran Volunteers

 

History of the Pittsburgh Washington Infantry : 102nd (old 13th) Regiment, Pennsylvania Veteran Volunteers, and its forebears: Pittsburgh Light Infantry, 1792-1809; Pittsburgh Blues, (War 1812) 1809-1920; Jackson Independent Blues (Mexican War) 1820-1861; Washington Infantry, (Civil War, Spanish War, World War) 1855-1930.



http://collection1.libraries.psu.edu/cdm/ref/collection/digitalbks2/id/76192

This was a nice find! It lists William Byerly as Bugler, and gives his date of discharge.

William Joseph Byerly's father Jacob Byerly was Captain of the German Greys.

I love the book, only wish it was more reader friendly for browsing.
Still lots more to read on this subject.

There is mention of a town named Perote. It makes me ponder as my 2nd great grandfather's name is Charles Perote Byerly. Making me wonder if that is where the middle name came from.

http://collection1.libraries.psu.edu/cdm/ref/collection/digitalbks2/id/76192


102nd:
Byerly



Both father and son, Charles Byerly, and William Byerly served in the 102nd, Company "E" during the civil war.

This is a worthy read. It has numerous photos of officers, and of reunions.

AA&GT

END

1 comment:

Ron Baumgarten said...

This is indeed a wonderful book. I purchased an original first edition back in December. I have been researching my Great Great Great Uncle (I think!) William Baumgarten. He was with Co. K, 102nd PA. I've been writing about my finds on my Civil War blog. I invite you to check it out and see what I've discovered. Here is the link; just look at the 102nd Pa. subject tag to find my posts on William and the regiment:

http://dclawyeronthecivilwar.blogspot.com/

Best,

Ron